There are several options for travel by public transportation to locations outside of Blacksburg and Christiansburg, including connections to regional airports and Amtrak.
Radford Transit provides connections between Blacksburg, Christiansburg, and Radford, Monday through Saturday. Bus stops in Blacksburg and Christiansburg include:
- Virginia Tech – Squires Student Center
- Blacksburg Municipal Building
- New River Valley Mall
- Christiansburg Aquatic Center
Visit www.radfordtransit.com or call 540-831-5911 for more information.
The Smart Way bus system serves Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Roanoke, Bedford, and Lynchburg providing transfer locations to other regional bus service, the Blacksburg-Roanoke Regional Airport and the Roanoke Amtrak station. Riders should be aware the Blacksburg-Roanoke airport is a regional airport; transportation options to Blacksburg and Christiansburg are limted to Monday through Saturday. Bus stops in Blacksburg and Christiansburg include:
- Squires Student Center at Virginia Tech
- Corporate Research Center in Blacksburg
- Laurel Street in Christiansburg
- Falling Branch Park and Ride lot in Christiansburg (near Exit 118 on I-81).
Visit www.smartwaybus.com or call 1-800-388-7005 for more information.
The Virginia Breeze bus service provides daily service between Blacksburg and Union Station in Washington, D.C., with multiple stops along the way. Bus stops in the NRV include:
- Blacksburg: Squires Student Center at Virginia Tech
- Christiansburg: Kenneth B. Gibson Park & Ride lot in Christiansburg (near Exit 118 on I-81)
Visit www.catchthevabreeze.com for more information.
For information about other travel options available through Virginia Tech please visit https://parking.vt.edu/alternative/regional.html.
Don't see the connection you need?
Call us at 540-443-1500.