Blacksburg Transit, better known as BT by our riders, is the public transportation provider for Blacksburg, Virginia Tech, Christiansburg, and parts of Montgomery County in southwest Virginia.
Our services include the following:
- Fixed routes that operate on a published time schedule and follow a designated route. The routes in Blacksburg are fixed routes, connecting major residential areas to the Virginia Tech campus and commercial areas. In Christiansburg, two semi-fixed routes, the Explorer Blue and Gold, connect the residential areas to the downtown business district and the northern shopping district.
- Demand response services pick up and drop off passengers at locations of their choosing. Reservations are required and in the case of BT Access certification of eligibility is required. In Christiansburg the Go Anywhere service is available for the general public to use.
Information about BT:
- BT is a department of the Town of Blacksburg
- BT is an equal opportunity employer.
- All BT vehicles are fully accessible, no matter the size!
- Service is offered every day except for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Service levels vary based on the academic calendar of Virginia Tech. BT service calendar.
- We also provide connections to other regional transportation providers including Radford Transit, Smart Way, and Virginia Breeze.
For more information, click on any of the links above, browse the pages on our website, or call us at 540-443-1500.