Think of us as your “out of school” bus.
Between 6/6 and 8/13, any Montgomery County Public School rising 9th -12th grade student can ride BT for free. We’re encouraging teenagers to use public transportation as an alternative to Mom & Dad for trips to summer jobs, recreation, etc.
- Any MCPS rising 9th -12th grader is eligible for free rides by showing a BT Summer Ride Pass. Passes will be emailed to students by MCPS before the start of the program. Students do not need to enroll in the program. Rising 9th-12th grade homeschool and private school students are also eligible for this program.
- Students may show a digital (on phone or tablet) or printed version of the pass. Click here to view a sample pass.
- Students younger than high school age will be able to ride free if accompanied by a fare-paying adult
- The promotion will run from the first day of the MCPS summer vacation on 6/6 through the last day on 8/13.
- This program is valid system-wide, including Go Anywhere and BT Access.
- Download the BT App for stop information (available on iOS and Android)
- Get to your stop at least five minutes early and wait where the driver can see you, and have your BT Summer Ride Pass ready.
- As the bus approaches, check the sign above the front window to make sure it’s the route you want. Not certain? Ask the driver!
- As you board, show your BT Summer Ride Pass and then take your seat.
- About a block before you want to get off, pull the cord above your head to request the next stop.
- Exit through the rear door.